Friday, May 18, 2012

HEAVENLY REAL ESTATE


Over the last 5 years, many friends and acquaintences have been asking, "how are you holding up?"  Let's be honest; it's been a wild ride.  But during this time, I have adopted a number of little things that have made life much easier in real estate.  Some have been humorous and some have been serious.

On the humorous side, I started counting the number of cars in the parking lot when prices were crashing.  The competition among realtors was shrinking!

I also advised my team that we were in the middle of real estate's "Apollo 13" moment.  There was a roll of duct tape stuck to the wall, and we reminded each other every day that "Failure is NOT an Option!"

 I keep humming a Beatles song from my teen years (yes, Anna, I was a teenager once!), "I get by with a little help from my friends!"  And boy, have I.

And I've found little places of refuge along the way.

So it's with great expectation that I am headed to Young Life's Washington Family Ranch for Women's Week-end, one of my favorite places to renew my soul. 

I get the great privilege of sharing the week-end with my sweet daughter, my dearest step-daugther, a wonderful client and several long time friends.  Theme of course; "Pretty in Pink."

This is absolutely my most favorite week-end of the year.  There's sun, there's gorgeous hillsides in the Canyon, there's wonderful men, young and old, willing to serve their sisters.  And of course - there's lots of giggling. 

The ranch was once the home to sheep herders, the Pony Express and the Rashneesh in the '80's.  But with much prayer and blood, sweat and tears, this ranch has been turned into a wonderful refuge - primarily for teenagers in the summer, but for women of all ages on this particular week-end.

The photo above is of the ranch at sunset.  Could any place be more heavenly?  There are competitors, I know - but this is tough to beat!

So if you are a woman, and think you might need a bit of renewal, keep the week-end after Mother's Day open next year.  I have a dream of taking a van full of girlfriends with me next year.  Will you join us?  I know you'd enjoy our wild ride to the Canyon.....and then a totally girl week-end.

Ciao for now,
Amy





No comments: