As we careen at warp speed toward Thanksgiving, Christmas, and all of the joyous (read: stressful) festivities in between, you might be tempted to take your home off the market—or hold off on listing it—until after the new year. After all, you’re swamped with cooking, shopping, and decorating, and the last thing you need is a bunch of potential buyers traipsing through your house, right?
“It’s a huge, huge mistake to either remove your home from the market during the holiday season, or to not put your home on the market if you're getting ready to sell,” Glazer says.
Why? The first reason is painfully obvious: Your house can't actually sell if it’s off the market, says Nora Ling Lane, executive vice president for Allie Beth Allman & Associates, a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate in Dallas.
1. Your listing will rise to the top
2. Your house looks (and smells) amazing during the holidays
3. Holiday buyers aren't messing around
4. Families often search during school breaks
5. It can be easier to close a transaction in December
6. The holidays give you a chance to adjust your selling strategy
Let The McLeod Group Network sell your home this holiday season! Contact us today at
By: Realtor.com, Wendy Helfenbaum