Monday, December 8, 2008

Hi Everyone,

If you're like me, you're REALLY busy getting ready for the Christmas holiday. This year has been interesting, to say the least. This is the first Christmas my husband Greg and I have had an "Empty Nest." I never realized how much scurrying around I did so the kids would have that magical Christmas! This year, though, we've decided to merge the old traditions with some new ones. And it's been an exciting adventure.

One thing that never changes, though, is the reality of the real estate market. I recently came across an article at Bankrate.com that does the best job I've seen, of explaining pricing strategy.

I'd encourage you to read it in it's entirety. It explains why the worst news from your Realtor might be the very best news you could receive.

I can tell you this is the approach we're taking with our sellers. And what are they seeing in terms of results; selling in 2/3's the time the average Realtor takes, for 9% higher average sales price. That's a strategy worth talking about!

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/mtg/20081204-home-seller-price-cuts-a1.asp

If you have any questions about what you're reading, please don't hesitate to call my office at 503-371-5209.

Have a merry holiday season.

Amy

No comments: